NEXT ORDINANCE #4.118
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2009
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
DISCUSSION OF WATER SYSTEM SUSTAINABILITY STUDY.
2. CRIME-FREE MULTI FAMILY HOUSING DISCUSSION.
FISCAL YEAR 2009 COMMUNITY CENTER REPORT.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular August 24, 2009, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION: Recognizing the 50th Anniversary of Oakwood Manor Elementary School in Gladstone, Missouri.
6. PROCLAMATION designating September 17-23, 2009, as “ConstituTION WEEK” in Gladstone, Missouri. Sponsor: William Boydston Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
7. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-09-69, in support of Census 2010 and acknowledging the importance of a complete population count for Gladstone; and establishing a Gladstone Complete Count Committee for Census 2010.
RESOLUTION R-09-70, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Recreation Resources, Incorporated, for the Oak Grove Park Playground Replacement Project.
RESOLUTION R-09-71, authorizing execution of a contract with Miller Paving & Construction, LLC, in the total amount not to exceed $674,873.51 for the Shoal Creek Bicycle/Pedestrian Bridge Project, and the Antioch Road/Shoal Creek Bicycle/Pedestrian Connectors Project.
RESOLUTION R-09-72, authorizing execution of a contract with American Marking and Paving Company, Incorporated, in the total amount not to exceed $292,097.35 for the North Broadway, Englewood Road to 68th Street Project.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
Kansas City (Northland) Elks Lodge #2376, 7010 North Cherry, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
Archa LLC, dba Gladstone Mart & Liquor, 7020 North Oak Trafficway, Seven Day Package Liquor License.
APPROVAL OF LIMITED ONE-DAY LIQUOR BY THE DRINK LICENSE to St. Andrew the Apostle Parish and School, 6415 Northeast Antioch Road, for the Annual Auction on November 14, 2009. Hours: 5:00 PM – 11:00 PM. Managing Officer: Denise Rathmann.
8. Communications from the Audience.
9. Communications from the City Council.
10. Communications from the City Manager.
11. RESOLUTION R-09-73, approving an Interlocal Agreement by and between the Cities of Gladstone, Belton, Harrisonville, Lawson, Lee’s Summit, Liberty, Raytown, Sugar Creek and Wood Heights, Missouri to facilitate the implementation of the Neighborhood Stabilization Program.
12. RESOLUTION R-09-74, granting the provisional renewal of a Class “A” Liquor By the Drink License to Millennium 2, Inc., doing business as "The Lost Bar," with special conditions.
13. RESOLUTION R-09-75, adopting requirements for Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) training for all workers employed on a construction site under contract with the City.
14. FIRST READING BILL 09-27, approving a settlement agreement with AT&T/SBC Landline by the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
15. Other Business.
16. Questions from the News Media.