NEXT ORDINANCE #4.119
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2009
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
ART SPRINGS IN GLADSTONE DISCUSSION.
FARMERS’ MARKET DISCUSSION
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular September 14, 2009, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION: Recognizing Gladstone Resident Antoinette Lansangan for her outstanding performance as the recipient of several awards in the Pre-Teen Missouri Academic and Scholarship Program.
6. PROCLAMATION: Recognizing National Codes Enforcement Month and the important role Code Compliance Officers play in our Community.
7. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-09-76, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Pyramid Excavation and Construction, Incorporated, for the Northeast 67th and North Indiana Drainage Improvements Project; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $4,750.00.
RESOLUTION R-09-77, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Clay County Sanitary and Ditching Service, Incorporated, for the Rock Creek Slope Stabilization North Park Project; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $500.00.
RESOLUTION R-09-78, authorizing Change Order No. 2 in the amount of $53,228.50 to the contract with Little Joe’s Asphalt, Incorporated, for the 2009 Mill and Overlay Program.
APPROVAL OF TEMPORARY CATERING LICENSE for Rudy’s Tenampa Taqueria, 1611 Westport Road, Kansas City, Missouri, for a wedding reception event to be held October 10, 2009, from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, in the Gladstone Community Center. Managing Officer: Maria Bernal.
8. Communications from the Audience.
9. Communications from the City Council.
10. Communications from the City Manager.
11. FIRST READING BILL 09-28, establishing a "Farmers’ Market” within the City of Gladstone, to be administered by the Director of Community Development.
12. FIRST READING BILL 09-29, approving an Interlocal Agreement by and between the Cities of Gladstone, Belton, Harrisonville, Lawson, Lee’s Summit, Liberty, Raytown, Sugar Creek and Wood Heights, Missouri to facilitate the implementation of the Neighborhood Stabilization Program.
13. FIRST READING BILL 09-30, amending Title IX of the City Code by repealing certain provisions contained therein and enacting in lieu thereof new City Code provisions designated as Title IX relating to the construction and maintenance of structures and property within the city and designated as the “Building and Construction Ordinance” of the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
14. Other Business.
15. Questions from the News Media.