NEXT ORDINANCE #4.125
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2009
The City Council will meet in Closed Executive Session on Monday, November 23, 2009, starting at 6:00 PM in the City Manager’s office, Gladstone City Hall, 7010 North Holmes.
The Executive Session is closed pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021(2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 7:00 PM
1. Electronic Dog Fencing.
Parks Concessions Report.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular October 26, 2009, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-09-88, authorizing Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $94,208.13 to the contract with American Marking and Paving Company, Incorporated for the North Broadway Englewood Road to 68th Street Project.
RESOLUTION R-09-89, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with American Marking and Paving Company, Incorporated, for the North Broadway Englewood Road to 68th Street Project; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $386,305.48.
RESOLUTION R-09-90, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Little Joe’s Asphalt, Incorporated, for the 2009 Mill and Overlay Program; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $1,000.00.
RESOLUTION R-09-91, authorizing Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $44,100.00 to the contract with Miller Paving & Construction, LLC, for the Shoal Creek Bicycle/Pedestrian Bridge and Antioch/Shoal Creek Bicycle/Pedestrian Connectors.
RESOLUTION R-09-92, adopting a Mission Statement and Goals for the City of Gladstone, Missouri for 2009-2010.
APPROVAL OF NEW SIX-DAY LIQUOR BY THE DRINK LICENSE for LMMASC, Inc. dba Tortilla Flats, 5716-18 North Antioch Road; Gladstone, MO 64119. Managing Officer: Allison R. Miller.
APPROVAL OF LIMITED ONE-DAY LIQUOR BY THE DRINK LICENSE to St. Charles Borromeo Church, 804 Shady Lane Drive, for the “Night at Nashville” dinner on January 30, 2010. Hours: 6:00 PM – 11:30 PM. Managing Officer: Lori Creek.
APPROVAL OF THE OCTOBER 2009 FINANCIAL REPORT.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
7a. Board and Commission Appointment.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions for Celia Webb for operation of a beauty salon on property at 5308 North Wyandotte Street.
Applicant/Owner: Celia Webb. File #1339.
9a. FIRST READING BILL 09-34, granting a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Celia Webb for operation of beauty salon on property at 5308 North Wyandotte Street. Applicant/Owner: Celia Webb. File #1339.
10. FIRST READING BILL 09-35, providing that a Primary Election shall not be held, and calling a General Election for the election of one position to the Gladstone City Council on Tuesday, April 6, 2010, describing the form of the ballot, and directing the City Clerk to submit certification of such election to the Clay County Board of Election Commissioners pursuant to RSMo 115.125.
11. Other Business.
12. Questions from the News Media.