NEXT ORDINANCE #4.127
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2009
The City Council will meet in Closed Executive Session on Monday, December 14, 2009, starting at 5:30 PM in the City Manager’s office, Gladstone City Hall, 7010 North Holmes.
The Executive Session is closed pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021(2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
William Jewell College SIFE Project For Light Switches.
Mill Creek Update.
FCC Open Internet Policy Response.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular November 23, 2009, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-09-93, authorizing execution of a contract with Site Rite Construction company, in the total amount not to exceed $580,559.75 for the Sanitary Sewer Improvements – 58th Terrace and North Euclid project.
RESOLUTION R-09-94, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Mega Industries Corporation, for the Brooktree Lane Culverts Headwall Replacement; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $7,438.00.
RESOLUTION R-09-95, declaring support for a Federal Communications Commission rule preserving a free and open internet.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
7a. Board and Commission Appointments.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Joyce Vogt for operation of a Nail Salon on property at 2201 Northeast 56th Terrace. Applicant/Owner: Joyce Vogt. File #1340.
9a. FIRST READING BILL 09-36, granting a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Joyce Vogt for operation of a Nail Salon on property at 2201 Northeast 56th Terrace.
10. RESOLUTION R-09-96, authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement with the Mid-America Regional Council for Professional Administrative Services for the administration of the Neighborhood Stabilization Program Grant, Category #3.
11. RESOLUTION R-09-97, approving the settlement agreement with Clay County Realty, Inc. and Edith Investment Co., providing for the settlement of litigation and improvements to the Gladstone Plaza Shopping Center.
12. FIRST READING BILL 09-37, amending Schedule IX of the Model Traffic Ordinance (Gladstone Municipal Code Section 4.100.020) designating speed zones in the City of Gladstone, Missouri to establish a 35 mph speed zone for Northeast 72nd Street from North Antioch Road east to the City limits.
13. FIRST READING BILL 09-38, amending Schedule VIII of the Model Traffic Code (Gladstone Municipal Code Section 4.100.020) to establish “Stop” Sign locations at the northwest and southeast corners of the intersection at Northeast 72nd Terrace and North Monroe Avenue.
14. FIRST READING BILL09-39, amending Schedule VIII of the Model Traffic Code (Gladstone Municipal Code Section 4.100.020) to establish a “Stop” Sign location at the southeast corner of the intersection at Northeast Shady Lane Drive and North Norton Avenue.
15. Other Business.
16. Questions from the News Media.