NEXT ORDINANCE #4.132
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:45 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular February 8, 2010 City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION recognizing the diverse cultural life of our metropolitan community and the traditional Chinese culture portrayed in the 2010 World Tour of Shen Yun Performing Arts at the Music Hall in Kansas City, Missouri on March 13-14, 2010. Recipient: Barbara Gay.
PROCLAMATION recognizing the accomplishments of ten Northland students in the F.I.R.S.T Program and winners in the FIRST LEGO League competition, a programmed robotic exercise in a series of challenges within an allotted time.
6. CONSENT AGENDA.
RESOLUTION R-10-07, authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Hi-Gene’s Janitorial Services for services at City Hall, Public Works building, and Water Treatment Plant for an initial one-year period with three optional one-year extensions in the amount of $40,176.00 per year.
RESOLUTION R-10-08, authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Hi-Gene’s Janitorial Services for services at the Community Center for an initial one-year period with three optional one-year extensions in the amount of $67,845.00 per year.
RESOLUTION R-10-09, authorizing the City Manager to purchase one (1) 2010 Dodge Charger police car from Landmark Dodge for a total purchase amount of $21,413.45.
RESOLUTION R-10-10, authorizing execution of a contract with HoltHouse Construction LLC in the total amount not to exceed $154,107.00 for the Shady Lane at Antioch Road Water Main Replacement Project (WP1095).
RESOLUTION R-10-11, authorizing Change Order No. 6 in the amount of $153,149.00 to the contract with Miller Paving and Construction LLC for the 2009 Curb and Sidewalk Program. Phase 1, Project TP0904.
RESOLUTION R-10-12, authorizing execution of a contract with Heartland Contractors, Inc. in the total amount not to exceed $480,216.54 for the North Oak Enhancement—69th Street to 71st Street. Project CP1035.
APPROVAL OF THE JANUARY, 2010 FINANCIAL REPORT.
7. Communications from the Audience.
8. Communications from the City Council.
9. Communications from the City Manager.
10. RESOLUTION R-10-13, in support of the 2040 Adaptive Scenario developed by the Mid-America Regional Council (MARC).
11. PUBLIC HEARING: on a Site Plan Revision to Santerra at Shady Lane, First Plat. Applicant/Owner: Reveda of Gladstone, Inc. File #1343.
AUDIENCE NOTE: This Public Hearing will be opened and immediately continued to the March 8, 2010 City Council meeting.
12. FIRST READING BILL 10-02, amending Schedule V of the Model Traffic Code (Gladstone Municipal Code Section 4.100.020), to modify the current “No Parking” zone for traffic on Northwest 61st Terrace from North Wyandotte to North Main.
13. FIRST READING BILL 10-03, allowing the “Show Me Green Sales Tax Holiday” to apply to the local sales taxes of the City of Gladstone between April 19 and April 25, 2010.
14. FIRST READING BILL 10-04, approving an Ordinance to Opt Out of the State imposed Sales Tax Holiday between August 6th and 8th, 2010.
15. Other Business.
16. Questions from the News Media.