NEXT ORDINANCE #4.135
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, MARCH 22, 2010
The City Council will meet in Closed Executive Session on Monday, March 22, 2010, starting at 6:00 PM in the City Manager’s office, Gladstone City Hall, 7010 North Holmes.
The Executive Session is closed pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021(2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:15 PM
Update on Public Safety Needs Assessment.
Public Safety Radios.
Animal Control Facility Assessment.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular March 8, 2010, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION: designating April 1, 2010, as “ARBOR DAY” in Gladstone, Missouri, and urging residents to support efforts that focus on environmental betterment and the planting of trees.
6. PROCLAMATION: designating April 5-11, 2010, as “PUBLIC HEALTH WEEK” in Gladstone, Missouri, and commending the Health Department’s service to our community.
7. PROCLAMATION: designating April 2010, as “NATIONAL DONATE LIFE MONTH” in Gladstone, Missouri, and commending donors and donation advocates in our community.
8. Communications from the Audience.
9. Communications from the City Council.
10. Communications from the City Manager.
11. FIRST READING BILL 10-05, approving a Site Plan revision for property north of and adjacent to Shady Lane; east of and adjacent to Gladstone Plaza. Applicant/Owner: Reveda of Gladstone, Inc. File #1343.
12. FIRST READING BILL 10-07, authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission for federal funds relating to the Highway 9 and Briarcliff Parkway Round-A-Bout Project.
13. FIRST READING BILL 10-8, authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission for federal funds relating to the Highway 9 and Briarcliff Parkway (south of Route 9) Round-A-Bout Project.
14. FIRST READING BILL 10-9, authorizing the City Manager to execute Permanent Easements to the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission relating to the Highway 9 and Briarcliff Parkway Round-A-Bout Projects.
15. FIRST READING BILL 10-10, imposing a City Sales Tax at a rate of one-fourth of one percent on the receipts from the sale at retail of all tangible personal property or taxable services at retail within the City of Gladstone, Missouri, to provide funding solely for the purpose of improving public safety within the City of Gladstone, Missouri, subject to the approval by the voters of the City at a special election to be held on Tuesday, June 8, 2010; calling an election for such purpose; designating the form of the ballot; and directing the City Clerk to provide notice of said election.
16. FIRST READING BILL 10-11, repealing Title V, Chapter 110 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Gladstone, and enacting in lieu thereof, new provisions regulating the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages within the City.
17. APPROVAL OF A CLASS “D” LIQUOR LICENSE (for the sale of malt liquor, beer, and light wine by the drink and in the original package) for Big Baby’s Pizzeria, 6519 North Oak Trafficway. Managing Officer: Daniel Drowns.
18. APPROVAL OF THE FEBRUARY 2010, FINANCIAL REPORT.
19. Other Business.
20. Questions from the News Media.