NEXT ORDINANCE #4.142
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, APRIL 26, 2010
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
FY11 General Fund Work Session.
TIME: FOLLOWING THE REGULAR AGENDA
Water System Sustainability Study Update.
Website Digital News.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular April 12, 2010, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. Approval of the April 19, 2010, City Council Meeting Minutes convening a Closed Executive Session.
6. NATIONAL VFW PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICERS OF THE YEAR AWARD TO: Division Chief Kenneth Potter, (Firefighter); Sergeant David Smith, (Police Officer); and Fire Inspector Charles Duddy, (Emergency Medical Technician). To be presented by a Missouri State Officer on behalf of the National Commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW).
7. SPECIAL PRESENTATION TO retiring Board member Bill Stone.
8. RECOGNITION OF LEADERSHIP ACADEMY GRADUATES.
9. PROCLAMATION: recognizing May 2010, as OLDER AMERICANS MONTH.
10. PROCLAMATION: recognizing Building Safety Week in the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
RESOLUTION R-10-22, recognizing the area from Northeast 64th Street to 6508 North Jackson (“The Atkins-Johnson Farm”) and “Old” Antioch Road to North Jackson as the Atkins-Johnson Farm and Big Shoal Cemetery Historic Heritage area.
RESOLUTION R-10-23, approving purchases of two tracts of land from the Johnson Family for right of way for the future relocation of Pleasant Valley Road, and 18 acres of farmland to be added to the Atkins-Johnson Historical Farm site.
BUILDING PERMIT: for the remodeling of the columns located along the front of Gladstone Plaza located at 6559-6599 North Oak Trafficway. Applicant: A. L. Huber, Inc. Owner: Clay County Realty Company.
BUILDING PERMIT: for the remodeling and repair of the existing pole sign at Gladstone Plaza located at 6591 North Oak Trafficway. Applicant/Owner: Clay County Realty Company.
BUILDING PERMIT: for the landscaping around the existing pole sign at Gladstone Plaza located at 6591 North Oak Trafficway. Applicant/Owner: Clay County Realty Company.
APPROVAL OF THE MARCH 2010 FINANCIAL REPORT.
11. Communications from the Audience.
12. Communications from the City Council.
13. Communications from the City Manager.
14. FIRST READING BILL 10-13, repealing Ordinance No. 4.104, and enacting a new Ordinance levying Sewer Service Charges and Commodity Rate Charges in the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
15. FIRST READING BILL 10-14, authorizing the City Manager to execute a Supplemental Agreement with the Missouri Department of Transportation for federal funds relating to the North Oak Enhancement Project.
16. FIRST READING BILL 10-15, authorizing the City Manager to execute a Cooperative Agreement with Kansas City, Missouri, for transportation-related improvements to Northeast 76th Street.
17. FIRST READING BILL 10-16, authorizing the City Manager to execute a Cooperative Agreement with the Village of Oakview for repairs to a portion of Shady Lane and a portion of Lindberg Drive.
18. Other Business.
19. Questions from the News Media.