NEXT ORDINANCE #4.161
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010
The City Council will meet in Closed Executive Session on Monday, August 23, 2010, starting at 6:45 PM in the City Manager’s office, Gladstone City Hall, 7010 North Holmes. The Closed Executive Session is closed pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021(2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 5:30 PM
MODEL BLOCK AND NSP PROGRAM UPDATE/BUS TOUR.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular August 9, 2010, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. SPECIAL PRESENTATION BY THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL.
RESOLUTION R-10-44, accepting Permanent and Temporary
Construction Easements from certain property owners in conjunction with the Northeast 76th Terrace and North Lydia Drainage Project.
RESOLUTION R-10-45, authorizing the City Manager of the City of Gladstone, Missouri to execute an agreement with the City of Pleasant Valley, Missouri for the purpose of providing emergency Animal Control Services to the City of Pleasant Valley by Gladstone Animal Control Officers.
RESOLUTION R-10-46, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Musselman and Hall, LLC, for the 2010 Intermediate Maintenance Program Project; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $14,317.26.
RESOLUTION R-10-47, authorizing acceptance of a proposal from Vellar Consulting in the amount of $25,000.00 for Neighborhood Development Consulting Services for Northaven-1 and Shoalbrook Addition neighborhoods.
RESOLUTION R-10-48, authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Linden Neighborhood Connection, in the form of a sign use agreement, for the use of existing street signs within the Linden Neighborhood Connection neighborhood; and authorizing the execution of all necessary requirements by the City of Gladstone to be carried out in conjunction with the sign use agreement.
RESOLUTION R-10-49, authorizing execution of a contract with Kissick Construction Company, Incorporated, of Kansas City, Missouri, for the emergency installation of a parallel water main under Highway 9, in the total amount not to exceed $144,530.00, for the Briarcliff 24-Inch Raw Water Main Project.
APPROVAL OF THE JULY 2010 FINANCIAL REPORT
7. Communications from the Audience.
8. Communications from the City Council.
9. Communications from the City Manager.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: on setting the annual rate of levy for the 2010 Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes within the corporate limits of the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
11. FIRST READING BILL 10-32, enacted pursuant to Missouri Revised Statutes Section 94.030 fixing the annual rate of levy for the 2010 Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes within the corporate limits of the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
12. FIRST READING BILL 10-33, approving the Final Plat of Northhaven South, commonly known as 6811 North Flora, in the County of Clay, City of Gladstone, Missouri, and directing the appropriate officials to affix their signatures to said plat for recording. Applicant/Owner: Gladstone Community Church.
13. FIRST READING BILL 10-34, approving the final settlement agreement with T-Mobile to recover business license taxes and authorizing the City Manager to execute the agreement on behalf of the City.
14. FIRST READING BILL 10-35, approving the final settlement agreement with Cricket Communications, Inc., to recover business license taxes and authorizing the City Manager to execute the agreement on behalf of the City.
15. Other Business.
A. Discussion of Art Springs in Gladstone Event, by Chris Yannitelli, Chairman of the Arts Commission.
16. Questions from the News Media.