NEXT ORDINANCE #4.167
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2010
The City Council will meet in Closed Executive Session on Monday, October 25, 2010, starting at 6:15 PM in the City Manager’s office, Gladstone City Hall, 7010 North Holmes. The Closed Executive Session is closed pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021(2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 7:00 PM
PARKS MASTER PLAN DISCUSSION
PARKS AND RECREATION YEAR END
Theatre in the Park
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular October 11, 2010, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION: offering congratulations to ST. PIUS X HIGH SCHOOL, which was recently recognized as one of the “TOP 50 CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOLS IN THE UNITED STATES”.
6. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-10-59, authorizing the Mayor, City Council members, City Manager, Director of Parks and Recreation, and Chairman of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board to execute all necessary applications and other documents to seek a grant-in-aid under the Missouri Department of Natural Resources Land and Water Conservation Fund for City of Gladstone Park Improvements.
RESOLUTION R-10-60, authorizing execution of a contract with Playworld Systems, Incorporated, in the total amount not to exceed $135,000.00 for the Happy Rock Park East Playground Replacement Project.
RESOLUTION R-10-61, authorizing the City of Gladstone, Missouri to execute a partner pledge with the Freedom’s Frontier National Heritage Area.
RESOLUTION R-10-62, accepting Permanent and Temporary Construction Easements from certain property owners in conjunction with the Northeast 76th Terrace and North Lydia Drainage Project.
RESOLUTION R-10-63, authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Clay County Realty Company to return the “Letter of Credit” pursuant to the terms of its settlement agreement for Phase I repair items to be completed by October 31, 2010.
APPROVAL OF THE SEPTEMBER FINANCIAL REPORT.
7. Communications from the Audience.
8. Communications from the City Council.
9. Communications from the City Manager.
10. FIRST READING BILL 10-38, authorizing and directing the issuance, sale and delivery of $2,000,000 principal amount of General Obligation Street Improvement Bonds, Series 2010, of the City of Gladstone, Missouri, and authorizing certain other documents and actions in connection therewith.
11. FIRST READING BILL 10-39, authorizing the issuance of Combined Waterworks and Sewerage System Refunding and Improvement Revenue Bonds, Series 2010, of the City of Gladstone, Missouri; prescribing the form and details of said Bonds and the covenants and agreements to provide for the payment and security thereof; and authorizing certain actions and documents and prescribing other matters relating thereto.
12. Other Business.
13. Questions from the News Media.