The Gladstone Police Department is responsible for the detention and processing of inmates arrested for violating city ordinances or state and federal statutes.
Types of arrests and holds
* City arrest – individuals arrested for violating a city ordinance.
* Investigation arrest – individuals arrested for an offense that the state prosecutor has not yet charged in a warrant (usually referred to as a 24-hour investigation).
* State warrant arrest – individuals charged by the prosecutor for violating a state statute.
* On city charges, the bond is pre-set by the Municipal Judge, and can be a cash bond, a surety bond, or a combination of both.
* On state charges, the bond is set by a County Judge, and can be a cash bond or a surety bond.
* On warrants, the courts will dictate the type of bond needed.
Types of bonds
* Cash only bond – set by the courts as an initial bond or as a result of not appearing in court.
* Surety – set by the courts as an initial bond, and made by a bond company through individual arrangement. To be accepted by the Gladstone Municipal Court, the bond company must be a Clay County Court approved bonding company.
* Cash or surety – funded by cash from an individual’s own pockets or through arrangements with a bond company.
* Own recognizance – a signature bond ordered by a judge.
To post a bond
* Gladstone Municipal Warrant – to post a bond, come to the Gladstone Police Department Headquarters and contact the Records Unit, Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm, or Communications, after hours and on the weekends. If the person being bonded has been transported to the Clay County Detention Center, in Liberty, MO, and is being held for a Gladstone Municipal Warrant, the bond can be posted at either the Gladstone Police Department Headquarters or at the Clay County Detention Center.
* Other municipality warrants or Missouri State warrants – if the subject of the warrant is in the Gladstone Holding Facility, the bond for that person can be posted at Gladstone Police Department Headquarters IF the issuing agency allows. If the issuing agency does not allow the bond to be posted at outside agencies, then the subject of the warrant will be transported to that police departments jail/holding facility by that agency.
* If the warrant is issued by a state other than Missouri, then the subject of that warrant will be transported to the Clay County Detention Center for extradition to the issuing state.
Court phone numbers
Gladstone Municipal Court
Gladstone Police Department Headquarters
7010 N Holmes, Gladstone, MO 64118
Clay County Detention Center
14 S Water St, Liberty, MO 64068