Pay Your Utility Bill Online
To establish a water account, please come to City Hall at 7010 N Holmes during regular business hours to fill out the application. Please come in at least one day before you want the service in your name. You will be asked to show picture ID. If you are renting, please bring a copy of your lease. If you have any questions or concerns, please call (816) 436-2200 and ask for water billing.
What do I need to get started with to pay my bill online?
1. A valid email address.
2. Your utility account number.
3. Your credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover) or your checking account routing and account number
Click here to Citizen Access
How does it work?
1. First you will sign up for your Citizen Access account (see Citizen Access link below). Once complete, an email will be sent to your email address. You must click on the link provided in the sent email to activate your Citizen Access account.
2. Log back in to Citizen Access, click on BILL PAY, MANAGE ACCOUNTS, ADD ACCOUNT, enter your utility account # and click OK.
3. Click on PAY BILLS and follow the directions on each step of the payment process. Once your payment has been submitted, you will be sent a receipt to the email address used for your Citizen Access account.
4. The payment receipt page will allow you to print your receipt or you can email the receipt to an alternate email address.
What other features are available in Citizen Access?
You can sign up for Paperless Billing to receive an eBill to your provided email address.
You can also view your current balance, utility statements, payment history.
Will I be charged a convenience fee?
No convenience fee will be charged for credit card or e-Check transactions.
ATTENTION BUDGET BILLING CUSTOMERS:
If you are looking at the balance due in your Citizen Access account, the balance will always show your actual balance, not your budget balance. Please refer to your statement and payment history to see your budget balance due.
Other Options for Paying Your Water Bill
Budget Billing: Due to seasonal watering, your water bill is generally larger during the summer months and smaller in the winter months. Budget billing offers you a way to level out your payments throughout the year for better household budgeting. For our budget billing customers, please remember that September is the settle-up month for your account. Your entire outstanding balance is due with your September bill. The October bill will reflect recalculated budget amounts based on your actual usage this past year. Apply for Budget Billing.
Bank Drafting: For details call the Water Department at 816-436-2200
Other Water Bill Payment Options:
You may pay in person at City Hall, 7010 N Holmes St. Office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. For your convenience after hours, we also have a night drop box near the front door. (Payments made in the night drop box after 8:00 am Monday-Friday will be posted on the next business day.) You may also mail your payment to the following address:
City of Gladstone
PO Box 801727
Kansas City, MO 64180-1727
Please note: This is the water bill payment processing address only and should not be used for any other correspondence with the City. It should only be used for mailing in your water bill payments.