City of Gladstone Council Members
• A vibrant commercial center with revitalized corridors at North Oak and Antioch Road and an innovative financial strategy that encourages economic development.
• A diverse quality housing stock that encourages community investment, provides opportunities to age in place, and becomes a destination to raise families.
• Innovative transportation alternatives that promote mobility in the community and the region.
• Stature and reputation of Gladstone strengthened and maintained. Gladstone is a recognized leader and provides innovative contribution to regional issues.
• A continued strong and innovative partnership with schools and other entities that help us ensure a high quality of life.
• An inspiring sense of place with a clear identity including an emphasis on arts and culture. You know you are in Gladstone.
• A strong commitment to public safety and City infrastructure investment.
• An inspired, innovative, and invested City staff.
• Cooperative relationships with citizens highlighted by inclusive citizen engagement and participation.
2024 City Council Goals
2. Focus resources on water treatment and distribution improvement plans.
3. Continue commitment to downtown and commercial corridors through effective and innovative development and redevelopment strategies.
4. Provide the resources and support the strategies to continue to improve residential and commercial code enforcement.
5. Finalize plans to build an event facility to replace the existing barn on the Atkins-Johnson Farm to provide long-term programming opportunities.
6. Prioritize infrastructure for neighborhood revitalization to meet the needs of our residents and encourage quality residential density and homeowner investment to preserve and increase housing values.
7. Promote initiatives to beautify Gladstone by encouraging civic engagement and community pride.
8. Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do to continue to be a welcoming city of everyone.
9. Develop and implement communication strategies to better inform and engage our residents.
10. Initiate plans and build partnerships to develop Flora Park as an all-inclusive recreational space.
February 12, 2024 Agenda
City Council Live Meetings
January 22, 2024 Minutes